B Psych (Hons), Masters of Clinical Psychology.
Claire is a clinical psychologist who believes in using evidence-based intervention, and focuses on therapeutic outcomes. She has specialist training in psychological assessment and evidence-based therapies treating depression, anxiety, trauma and complex mental health conditions for all ages. Reflecting her clinical experiences, she embraces positive changes that are built on individual’s strengths, helping clients to gain insight into their problematic patterns and to learn tools and strategies in real life.
Psychology Services for Adults & Couples
Claire holds an Honours degree in Psychology and Masters in Clinical Psychology. Through her post-graduate studies and work experience in private practice, community agencies and hospitals, Claire has gained advanced knowledge and a broad range of practical clinical experience helping adults and couples to deal with a range of different life challenges such as:
- Adjustment – separation/divorce, job loss, retirement, migration, grief and loss;
- Personal – stress and anger management, procrastination, low self-esteem, trauma;
- Relationships – individual or couples counselling for marital distress, mistrust issues, separation, dating, gay and lesbian relationship issues;
- Work Stress – harassment, poor relationships with colleagues, role conflicts, change management, lack of support;
- Mental Health – Depression, Bipolar, Anxiety, Personality Disorders, Panic Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Phobia, Social Phobia;
- Physical Health – pain management, coping with illness, sleep disturbance, psychological adjustment after injury or accident;
- Work Cover and Employee Assistance Programs.
Claire’s current areas of special interest are interpersonal relationship issues, coping with life transitions, work related stress, personality disorders, addiction, and couple counselling.
Psychological Services not provided: Medico-Legal assessment, vocational psychological assessment, psychometric assessment for learning disorders and intellectual impairments, therapy for sexual dysfunction.
Claire’s preferred therapeutic approaches include Emotion-Focused Therapy, Brief Psychodynamic Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT).
Chinese Counselling (Cantonese & Mandarin)
Claire was born in China, raised in Hong Kong and has lived in Australia for over two decades. She is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Drawing from her personal experience of life transitions as well as her professional background, she brings a unique perspective to counselling, helping people from various places and cultural backgrounds deal with significant life transitions and challenges. As an example, Claire helps people deal with challenges of loss and integration that affect many individuals arriving from different cultures. Claire has a special interest in understanding how the patterns of interpersonal difficulties contribute to individual’s emotional and behavioural struggles and more broadly, the human change process.
Taking the first step
Reaching out to find a therapist can take great courage, especially if you are feeling isolated, overwhelmed, confused or even embarrassed. Beginning therapy can also be a great relief!
Therapy may not be able to remove your life stresses completely. However, it can help to alleviate emotional pain and assist you to develop more effective coping mechanisms. Most importantly it can facilitate self-growth and lead to a more fulfilling life.
To make an appointment with Clinical Psychologist Claire Pang, freecall 1800 877 924 today or you can book online!